Last night Lydia slept form 10pm to 4:15am it was incredible except my body is still on the hour and half/ two hour routine. My body thinks Lydia needs to eat so it wakes me up and I have to go downstairs and pump every two hours or so, I'm so exhausted but its nice because now I have a way of getting a stock pile built of food....drinks anyone:)
Dr. Seuss is once again my favorite author. I was reading a book called baby brains, its all about the baby brain from birth to five years old and it states that newborns are intrigued the most with rhymes. So I thought who does rhyming better then good old Dr. Seuss. My sister and I went out and bought several Dr. Seuss books, I had forgotten how much I love those books. Lydia and I read at least two of them a day, Fox in Sock is really hard. I'm working on getting more Llama Llama books, the one we have is so sweet and fun to read.
I've always heard stories of parents getting pooped and peed on and thought how gross it was, until now. Its now a common routine between Lydia and I when I go to change her diaper. I just laugh along with her and anticipate old faithful (oh yes she has some good pressure when peeing, she got me on the cheek this morning) or sharts to happen, I get poop all over my hand every time I go to left her leg I guess I'm helping her release pressure. My one advice to any new parent is to register for a whole bunch of onesies in every size, because by noon Lydia was in her fourth onesie of the day and at 7 weeks old (today) she is already out of her new born outfits and into her three month ones, and she was under five pounds when we brought her home.
No comments:
Post a Comment